Penny Auction Factory is an unique Joomla! extension that allows administrators to create a professional bidding fee auction website. Users can buy bid packages, which can be used in any active penny auction, with the specification that auctions typically end after a small period of time. Each user starts off by placing a small incremental bid and the auction is considered closed when the timer since the last placed bid expires, declaring the last bidder a winner. Site developers can unleash the power of a fully fledged Penny Auction script, as well as taking advantage of Joomla!'s unmatched versatility.
Having a fully customizable template system, webmasters even without any PHP knowledge can easily modify the look of any page in our extension. There is no need for the webmaster to change the extension's code, and this will ensure a 100% upward compatibility with our future releases. Just back up the template folder and all of your customizations will be safe. The Auctions Factory Package includes ALL PHP sources (nothing encrypted) and one set of generic templates (commented in the files - for a better understanding) along with a full documentation of the template system (available under documentation in our website).
With a fully customizable mailing system you can ensure that users get the notifications regarding their activities in your auction site. You can enable or disable any notification and change its contents.
Using the ACL (access control list) feature you can restrict some usergroups or specific users the right to post auctions or to place bets. For instance, this way you will be able to create admin-only auction websites or charge users for specific group memberships.
The pre-installed Payment gateways allow you to turn the auction website into a profitable business.
Some of the great features that Penny Auction Factory has to offer are:
- But-It-Now price for auctions
- Manual and Proxy Bidding (Automatic Bidding)
- Reserve price
- Availability options
- Featured auctions
- Picture upload and image gallery for auctions
- Messaging system for sellers and bidders
- Ratings & reviews system
- Watchlist (auctions, categories and subcategories)
- Blacklist (sellers can block access to their auctions to certain bidders)
- Admin definable currency
- Automatic currency exchange rates using Yahoo conversion
- Multiple shipping prices
- Republish auctions (relisting)
- Auction ending countdown
- RSS feeds
- Publishable in any product template
- Multiple field types (Checkbox, Image, Text input, Radio button, etc.)
- Displayed on 9 different pages on the default product template and ability to set category filter
- Used for auctions and user profiles
- Each custom field can be set as searchable, rendering it available in advanced search
- Option to set fields as compulsory